Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dur Burger!

We’ve been having a particularly unfunny week here at the Horrible offices. Our radio show was cancelled five hours before it was to premier because of the flier we made; we missed the deadline to enter a film festival we were looking forward to; the voices that used to talk to me don’t talk to me quite as much as they used to. But we have found hilarity and we suggest you take full advantage.

Dur Burger!

That’s it. Those two words as spoken by Steve Martin in the trailer for the upcoming box office flop ‘The Pink Panther’ have given me and the other two guys’ hours of entertainment.

Just say it a few times to yourself in that ridiculous accent. Funny, right?

It’s unfortunate that it won’t be a good movie. Steve Martin is awesome and used to be really funny, both Kevin Kline and Jean Reno are fine actors, and Beyonce is also a fine actor (see what I did there). Alas, much like our ill-fated radio show, it has too much working against it. If I have learned two things in my movie watching experience they are as follows: one, remakes of movies or TV shows from the fifties are terrible most of the time and are always, always worse that the originals (see House of Wax), and two, movies starring SNL alums usually suck, and the suck ratio goes up as the aging comedian’s career wanes (see Chevy Chase). Those two factors, plus the fact that films featuring Beyonce suck, put this film on a collision course with failure. I will most likely not go to see it (I’ll wait for it to be on the movie channel; if it has Beyonce’s ass I’ll watch it).

With that said, I would like to thank the makers of the trailer for ‘The Pink Panther’ for putting in the preview what I’m sure is the only really funny part of the movie.

0 Horrible Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home