Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged

You know what I hate? All of this political correctness. It's such hypocritical bullshit. There isn't a single person on planet Earth who can look at a person and not judge them, even a little bit. Personally, I know I still clutch my purse whenever a black man comes on the elevator with me.

I'm not saying we should judge people arbitrarily. I'm just saying that we should take into account certain aspects of a person's race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, weight, veteran status, sexual orientation, personal hygiene habits, political affiliation, mental health, and ability to perform sexually before handing them the keys. That's all.

You folks feel free to stick with your high and mighty 'judge not by the color of your skin but by the content of your character' and see where it gets you. I'll tell you where it gets you. It gets you shot in the head. Think about it, everybody who has come out and tried to bring about world peace, they're gone. Martin Luther King, Jr. BANG! Dead. John F. Kennedy. BANG! Dead. Yitzhak Rabin. BANG! Dead. Ghandi. BANG! Dead. Abraham Lincoln. BANG! Dead. Jesus... BAM, BAM, BAM! Dead. You see what I'm saying? You can't just trust everyone unconditionally. Some people ruin it for the rest of us, and this veneer of being polite to everyone and making sure no one hurts anybody else's feelings is in the way of solving the problem.

(I guess you need the visual for the Jesus one there, but you're all smart people. Figure it out.)

You go ahead and get on the plane with Mohammed and Habib. By the way, we didn't check them at the gate because we believe everybody to be trustworthy citizens of the world. We aren't exactly sure why his sandals are ticking, but I'm sure it's nothing. I'm sure his shirt just looks lumpy because he didn't have time to iron it after the business luncheon and not because he has 14 pounds of C-4 bricks strapped to his chest. But don't worry about it, because you don't judge people. I'm sure Oliver Stone will make you a fitting tribute.

I'm not trying to start a fight, people. All I'm saying is that once we recognize our differences, instead of ignoring them, we can truly get at what's wrong with the world. Right now, political correctness is in the way of acheiving that. Most people are good, and it's not as if the bad ones are all of one sect of the population.

Instead of racism or bigotry or anything else getting in the way, we can finally get past all of that. We can finally hate people for being the douche bags that they really are.

2 Horrible Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youre a good writer man, straight up.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a certain itch for humor that I have that can only be cured by the Horrible People. Keep up the good work .

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home