Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Steve calls a Wrong Number, Part I; a short play by a horrible person

{Scene start}

As we see Steve, he is in the middle of dialing his chiropractor's number when his cat jumps on the table and pushes several buttons. The line connects...

"Hello. You've reached God. I cannot come to the phone right now, so please call me on my cell at GOD-CELLPHONE or at work at GOD-WORKING. You need to dial all of the numbers. That’s how they get ya."

Steve dials the number...

"You've reached the Sprint voice mailbox of:"
"God."
"To leave a message, press '1' now, or wait for more options."

Steve hangs up and dials the other number...

"Hello, you've reached the epicenter of the Universe. God cannot come to the phone right now, but if you leave your name, number, and a brief description of the miracle you would like performed you will be bathed in his presence just as soon as he can. Thanks for your call."
"Hey God. It's Steve. I accidentally dialed your home number and I thought I'd try to get in touch with you. If you could gimme a call back sometime that'd be great. Thanks."

Steve hangs up, pauses, and dials his chiropractor.

{Scene end}

To be continued...

0 Horrible Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home